Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Music Show

Hi Everyone! Sorry I took 2 days to update about my weekend. I've been getting lots of HW for Screenwriting. My development of my feature film is coming along nicely.

Sunday I was asked by a girl in the music video class to help her shoot an event hosted by Hot Press Magazine. Hot Press is the Rolling Stone of Ireland, and they collaborate with Tisch on the Music Video Production class. They asked some students to help shoot the event. It was 2 days. They had panels with producers, interviews and workshops with musicians, booths, exhibits, live acoustic performances, and live bands playing. I went to do some sound work, but there wasn't much sound work to do so I just walked around and helped shoot bands.



I saw 4 live Irish bands. We got special VIP passes so when we were filming performances we could get in front of the barricade. My favorite band was called Fight Like Apes, which was an electro-pop band. I also saw singers Cathy Davey and Damien Dempsey, who were also pretty good. Not my style of music though.

It was a long day. We were there from 11:00 AM to 7 PM. Hot Press gave us free t-shirts.

Fight Like Apes!

1 comment: