Saturday, November 13, 2010

Doing Everything to Avoid Confronting Writer's Block

Hello everyone. For the past week I have not worked on my treatment for my script, nor have I started my script. The writer's retreat is in a week and I need at least 15 pages by then. I'm hoping to get everything done/started by tomorrow the latest. I just been having trouble getting into what to write. Writing script treatments is HARD. My original was only 4 pages and my teacher wants it to be at least 10. But once the treatment is done, the script should be easy.

The other night I went with 3 classmates to see Let Me In, which was the American remake of Let The Right One In. The remake was more of a horror movie than the original, and a little more gory. But it was fantastic in its own way. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. The remake cuts all the unnecessary details that are in the original to make a more concise story. I'd say if your a fan of the original Swedish film see it. And if you haven't seen either, see the Swedish one first before the American one. And read the book its based on.

Today one of my suitemates starting shooting her music video and needed a crew to help build a set at the studio she'll be shooting at tomorrow and Monday. I put off my work again to help out, because I haven't crewed in awhile. The shoot was at Jamestown Studios, a bug warehouse that served as an art gallery, and also rented out spaces for shoots and band practices. We spent all day setting up a space that in the music video, is supposed to be the inside of a cardboard box. I spent most of the time going out for supplies. I helped my friend Stephanie, who was art directing, put up brown paper on the walls to make it look like the cardboard and tape bubble wrap on the walls. The director is going to be shooting the scene through clear plastic, so the crew rigged the plastic wrap up on C-stands. We worked from 1:30-7:30 PM. It was good to be busy because it kept my mind off things, but it was so cold in the warehouse that I was grateful to be back in my warm room.

Tomorrow I must get work done and do laundry. I'm better disconnecting from the internet so I don't get distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment