Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Break '10: Brussels

The Brussels trip was a short one. We were only there for a day. I wish we were there for longer though, there was still so much we haven't seen! I was glad to be back in a French speaking country. Brussels would be the result of Paris and Luxembourg City having a baby.

The first thing we did was check into our hotel before going sight seeing. We found the Grand Palace, which was surrounded by souvenir, chocolate, and waffle shops. Belgium waffles are so yummy!



Chocolates galore!
The Grand Palace Square was beautiful

 We did lots of walking, checking out a since street fair. We were trying to find the Royal Palace because it was free to get in, but when we got there it was closed. Stephanie went to go to an art museum, and I wanted to find a bookstore to buy more Tin Tin books. We found a very busy bookstore with just what I wanted. I bought three more Tin Tin books in French.


Royal Palace gates



When all three of us met up again, we did more walking/sight seeing, then off the to city centre for dinner. We ate at a nice restaurant. Stephanie and I split one Belgium waffle and it was delicious. That was our last day of October break. We were exhausted from the traveling, so we went back to hotel. We were leaving at 3:30 AM to take the plane back to Dublin. To be honest, by the time we reached Brussels I was sick of traveling and wanted to be back in my room. But, I have a great 9 days. I was surprised that I was able to afford such a trip!

Anyway, I've been back for at least a week. Now that it's November, it's time to get treatments and scripts done! Only 48 days left, and they're gonna go by fast. 

Tomorrow I'll update about my Halloween weekend, even though it wasn't that exciting.




No comments:

Post a Comment