Monday, September 6, 2010

First Day of Class!

Another cold, rainy day

Hello friends, and Happy Monday! And for all you Americans, Happy Labor Day! My first day of class was cold and rainy :( It's gonna be like this all week. And probably next week too.

I woke up at 10 to get a fresh start with bland cereal and some vanilla yogurt. I watched True Blood before getting ready for class. I was really excited to wear my new outfit, even though it's gross out.


I LOVE my new Star Wars sweater. I bought it at an H&M in New York City. Anyway, I thought my fellow classmates would all leave together, but only Sourabh was still around. We didn't leave Griffith until after 1:30 pm, and we power-walked to get there on time. Well, I did. Sourabh is tall so he just strolled while I scurried behind him. We made it on time, thank god. Next time I'm leaving at 1 pm.

My screenwriting teacher is named Colin McKewon. He's from North Ireland so his accent is different. I'm excited about this semester. It's going to be very writing-intensive. Colin says we'll go on a 4-day writer's retreat up in his hometown, which is 2 hours out of Dublin in the country. We'll spend most of our days writing and talking with professional writers.

Colin just wants us to write in notebooks he gave us. It could be anything, we just have to "exercise our writing muscles." I love to write, but I never have to discipline. Maybe this will help me gain some, and I can finally write my screenplay for Experimental Film in the Spring. We did some writing exercises, like writing every letter of the alphabet and then using each letter to begin a word for a story in alphabetical order. We also played different "Guess That Movie" games, like figuring out titles by looking at Polish movie posters. Colin also says that he will write a feature length screenplay with us as well. We're not supposed have ideas yet because he wants us to start from scratch. I have one idea, but maybe I will come up with a whole new one too.

After class I did some grocery shopping. I have enough food to last me awhile, so I don't have to go out to eat. Maybe I'll do that once a week. I also bought a bottle of Bailey's =). First time buying alcohol and I didn't even get carded. I also bought some chocolate milk to have with it. That should be my alternative to pubs (probably not XD), but I can enjoy a delicious drink in my room.

I have an early bedtime. Tomorrow morning everyone is going on a tour of I think Trinity College. I also have my second class, Contemporary Irish Cinema, from 2-5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment