Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Walking Tour of Dublin

Hello everyone! This morning I woke up at 4 am and have been up since ^^; Good news is that it had stopped raining! It was still cloudy, but I saw patches of blue sky. I hope it'll be sunnier soon.

At 10 am all of us walked to the Trinity College main gates to meet with the Irish History & Politics professor. Even though we're not all in his class we had to go anyway. He took us to the Bank of Ireland,  and area in temple Bar, Dublin Castle, Christ Church, and then back to Tisch. At each location he spoke extensively about the history of the place we were at. It was interesting at first, but my feet started to hurt from standing a lot so eventually I lost interest.

Trinity College

Inside the Bank of Ireland there was this mini-model of the Bank of Ireland


Dublin Castle (which isn't much of a castle)

I forgot what building this was >.<
Christ Church
At 2 pm I had my Contemporary Irish Theater class. The teacher is named Sara Keating. I'm not sure how interested in the class I'll be. The lecture is pretty boring. We analyzing plays, which isn't too hard, but sometimes the other students have more insight that I do. The cool thing about this class is that we're going to see a play once a week (because the class is once a week). We got quite a bit of reading this week. I'm lazy and dislike assigned reading. Oh Nelly, get over it XD

On my way back with my suitemates it started raining a lot for 10 minutes. Then we saw a rainbow.


It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment